Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thrifty mom, creative mom

I'm a horse show mom who wears many different hats.  So many of those allow me to be thrifty and creative.  Some of you may not know this but I'm a professional crafter.  I know....what the heck is a professional crafter.  Well I take products and make designs out of them that are then place on a website for others to use to get their creative juices flowing. 

Last night while I was getting ready to post my design I started thinking about how I could use my skills to save money showing.  I've already bought fabric and patterns to make my daughters show clothing.  I know I can be creative for costume classes.  But I wondering what else can I do. 

How do others use their talents to save money on showing?

4 comments:

  1. I use to make custom made nylon and leather halters. Private message me on facebook and I will send you pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there anything you can't do Tanya?? Good thing we don't live closer to each other. I do believe we'd be dangerous! LOL

      Delete
  2. =D We are only like a hour an half apart Summer. I only gave up on the halter due to the price of everything make them went up. Now I am making jewelry =D Oh and selling tack ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make jewelry, buy tack & bling it up for resale, and sew show clothes to earn extra cash to support my horse habit. My fulltime job just doesn't quite do it! lol

    ReplyDelete