Friday, April 19, 2013

We could learn something from our horses

I was at the barn last night helping Maddie get Indie ready to ride. One of the other boarders came in looking very sad. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she had just lost her daughter. She was 36 years old. How difficult it must be to lose your child at such a young age. She had come to the barn to hug her daughters horse. Its amazing how our horses can bring such comfort in our times of need. He was just eating his hay, but just his presents meant everything to her. Maybe we can learn from our horses. When someone is hurting we don't need to say anything we just need to be there.

1 comment:

  1. One of my facebook readers said:

    Good topic . I would have say that last summer when I lost my balance dismounting Keyanu. I ended up in a sitting position holding my wrist under him. My Pinto boy never moved a inch. As much noise and commotion of me ending up on the ground with my wrist bones protruding thru my skin, he knew something wrong and to not move. Even Megan couldn't get him to budge an inch. I had to move then he moved. Thinking back it humbled me that Keyanu was not wanting to hurt me further. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but it did tell me he knew not to budge.

    ReplyDelete