Friday, April 5, 2013

Best trainers

Here's a chance to brag about your trainers.  We have been blessed with two amazing trainers. She started riding first under Laura Ragon in Keizer, Oregon then we moved on to Kenny Strohecker in Salem, Oregon.  They have both been outstanding to work with.  Maddie has learned so much from each one of these individuals.

Kenny is our current trainer whom we travel with to breed shows.  He, Sharon and the rest of his training team have made showing a true joy for Maddie.  From the moment we started riding under him Maddie has been supported not only in the arena, but also out of the arena.  She is fully prepared to enter any class she rides in.  Kenny makes sure she has all the tools to be successful with her horse.  As a mother its hard to trust others with my children, but he is almost a better parent to her than I am at times.  The positive affirmation in which he encourages her with makes even a bad ride good.  If you've had a chance to have him as a trainer, judge or friend you can completely understand when I say he is one of a kind and you just don't find them as good as he is.

Here's your opportunity to tell all my readers about your trainer and the difference they are making in your life!

7 comments:

  1. The trainer that I chose is Lacy Osterman in Rainier, Oregon. I have a 1/2 Arab 1/2 Thoroughbred gelding. I did lots and lots of ground training up until he was 3 but not wanting my 52 year buttocks to hit the ground I looked for someone else to enjoy that part. But Lacy is SUCH a fantastic, caring, patient trainer that he was one of the easiest to break to ride. I had her put 90 days on him and then I have taken over. She is always there to provide tips and support. I have never met a trainer that I would trust any more than her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know an amazing trainer. Her name is Tammy Herrera of Riding A Dream in Leipsic, OH. She not only worked wonders with my horse, but she has helped me out so much during my lessons. I am a very timid rider and she has given me more confidence in my abilities and more confidence in the saddle. She also came with me when I wanted to find a smaller, calmer horse and helped me find the perfect fit for me. She is always very helpful and I couldn't ask for a better trainer. If there is anyone in the area looking for a trainer, you couldn't find one better than Tammy. She is amazing with horses and can get pretty much any horse to do anything she wants it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around SPOKANE we use Candi Anderson of CW Colored-Performance Horses!

    Trains for all arounders and went World Top 5 and 10 in 2012. Great gal that pushes you hard but is super fair and honest.

    Her and her husband Wally will go the extra mile every time for their clients!!

    cwcoloredperformancehorses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of suspicious this comment is Anonymous?

      Delete
    2. I know a lot of the horse circle around Spokane and have only ever heard really awful things about Candi Anderson, a friend of mine boarded her horse where she was the resident trainer and could NEVER use the arena because Candi would leave horses tied up in it for 8+ hours a day just standing around and tell everyone else they couldn't use the arena. What a shame that Fairview has had such a string of bad trainers, it has so much potential.

      Delete
    3. What a joke your gossip is. Candi does lessons for 5-6 hours a day herself, it makes no sense that an entire arena would be taken up with horses? She runs an open barn and training program, instead of spreading jealous lies, stop by and visit. Idiots. Fairview is thrilled to have her filling more than 20 spots and many haulin clients a week is good for business.

      Delete
  4. O.M.G. pot meet kettle. perhaps just easier than logging in to somewhere. let people be proud and positive. its what this blog was about.

    ReplyDelete