Monday, February 18, 2013

1st show done

Maddie has a show under her belt.  This mommy couldn't be prouder of her.  She rocked it!  So much that as soon as we got in the door off to bed she went.  (It was 7:00 pm)

Our first show day started at 4:00am.  Yes you heard that right.  I was super excited for her and didn't even feel it until we were about half way there.  Then I was super tired.  But we kept on pushing through the day and died when we walked in the house.

Maddie was a bit nervous for her showmanship classes and struggled a little.  She walked out after her last showmanship class was over and said I hate showmanship and never want to do it again.  Tell me how you really feel...ugh!

Once it came time to ride she did awesome. I could not have been prouder.  She showed a ton of confidence and handled Indie like a pro.

We made some new friends and even had a few new friends come to support her during her show.  What an awesome day it was for Maddie!

Now to get ready for her next show in two weeks.  We've learned a lot and can't wait for the next big one!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting that first one under her belt!! I imagine that things will get easier from here on out. Good thing you've got today to rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was such a proud mommy. She did great. And had so much confidence. I couldn't have done so good on such little sleep. She has some major passion!

      Delete